Recently my diet hasn’t been the best. OK that’s a huge understatement, I’ve been living off coffee, crisps and Belvita breakfast biscuits, but now that I’m on my way back to my normal self I’ve decided it’s time to clean up my eating habits.
The problem is I’m extremely lazy when it comes to cooking. If I’m not in the right mindset I won’t make my meals for the next day or even cook at all, so the simpler the recipe the more likely I am to make it. I came up with this simple salad with the remnants of last week’s shop in the fridge, but it’s quick, simple and has become one of my firm favourites.
Kale and Halloumi Salad
(OK so calling it a salad might be a stretch but I love it)
- Grab 2 handfuls of kale and wash in a colander
- Cut 4 slices of halloumi (about half a block) and put under the grill
- Chop 1 spring onion and sprinkle over the kale
- Add a handful of cherry tomatoes to the dish
- Once the halloumi is warm chop the slices into 4 and sprinkle over the dish
Tasty, simple and healthy. What are your favourite quick, healthy recipes?