The incredible Katie over at Katastrophique (check out her blog and Twitter feed, she’s one lovely lady) has nominated me for the Liebster award which recognises new bloggers and gets to know more about them…
What the Liebster Award stands for:
- The Liebster award was created to recognise new bloggers and rewards writing talent.
- The award has German origins and the word “Liebster” has several meanings including: sweetest, dearest, kindest, nicest, beloved & lovely.
- The award follows similar principles of a chain letter in the sense that when one blogger receives a nomination she/he must thank the blogger who nominated them then pass on the award to other bloggers who they admire.
- The blogger who nominated you will have answered a set of questions about themselves & then they will choose their own set of questions for their nominees to answer.
- The new nominees must then answer the questions set for them by the blogger who nominated them, created their own questions and nominate other bloggers.
- Bloggers that get nominated are generally newer bloggers that have a following of less than 3,000 followers.
The rules of the Liebster award are:
- Mention the blogger who tagged you and thank them.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked by the blogger
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees on Twitter.
So here are Katie’s questions:
1: What song do you associate with your best memory?
There are far too many answers to this question!
Singing Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep in the car on the way to Wales with my grandparents
Singing Evergreen with Mr G back at my student house after our first date
Ballroom dancing by the bar to Are You Mine on our wedding day
2: If you could take one book to a desert island, what would it be?
Probably the book of fairytales my Gran used to read with me. I can’t remember the name of it but I can see the book vividly in my minds eye. That way I’d have a few different stories that I could embellish with my imagination when I was hallucinating.
3: Would you rather lose smell or taste?
Technically losing one would effect the other. That said I’d much rather lose my smell than my taste. Too many smells make me nauseous but a simple, fresh meal tastes amazing.
4: Why did you start blogging?
Originally I started blogging in 2013 when I worked at a marketing agency and I did it because everyone else had a blog. I stopped when I left the company because I had a lot of personal stuff going on, but I started this blog so I had somewhere I could write for myself (my old job meant my writing was restricted) about topics that interested me.
5: Do you think social media is essential for blogging? Why?
Oh wow I could write a book on this. In fact my dissertation was on the future of social media within PR. Essentially social media is the PR for your blog, the only difference is you control it rather than a PR company. My answer is yes. Yes it is essential because without it people may not stumble across your blog and you’d have no way to promote your content. Not to mention that you wouldn’t have the wonderful, supportive, inspiring blogging community easily available to you.
6: You have a 10 piece capsule wardrobe. What’s in it?
I’m assuming this doesn’t need to include underwear or jewelry so…
A good pair of jeans
A longline striped dress shirt
A knee length jumper dress
A knee length tea dress
A knee length summer dress
A structured coat/jacket
A pair of brogues
3 patterned scarves
7: Which elemental power (fire, water, air or earth) would you rather have and why?
Water. I love water, it is incredibly soothing. Plus if I got into a fight with the other elements the only one I wouldn’t be able to beat is air.
8: If you were to change your blog title, what would it be to?
A balancing act – if I ever write a book about my experiences it will be the title. My life is a balancing act (like most others).
9: What’s your go-to party drink (alcohols or not)?
Gin and Tonic
10: You have to blow £1000 in one shop. Which one and why?
Marks and Spencer. They have a good range of casual, classy and contemporary well made clothes that perfectly suit my wardrobe. It’s my go-to stop for any occasion.
11: What is the best thing you did this week?
I started my support worker shadow shifts. It was an amazing insight into the job I will be doing, I met some wonderful people and I’m super excited to get my DBS back and get working!
- Sarah Ann at itssarahann.com
- Megan Eve at Vintage Beauty Spot
- Jordan at My General Life
- Miss M at lmwhn.com
- Sophie at Shy Life Living
- Saira at Through The Glitter Glass
- Effi at Sparkle Berry
- Nina at Words By Nina
- Hannah at Little Thoughts
- Jenn at A Spoon Full Of Sugar
- Tarnya at Sweet Allure
- A Spoonful Of Sugar
Here are your questions
- If you could have any pet what would it be and why?
- Do you have any tattoos. If so what and where?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- If you had to lose your hearing or your sight which would it be and why?
- What is your favourite memory from 2016 so far?
- If you would recommend one book what would it be and why?
- Why and when did you start blogging?
- If you won a million pounds what would the first thing you bought be?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger that you wish you had known?
- Name you favourite blog at the moment and explain why.
I can’t wait to see your posts guys – please tweet me when you have them up!