In my bid to kick start my New Year healthily I have tried out one of Amelia Freer’s breakfast recipes. I chose the roasted peppers and baked eggs because it said that these could be eaten cold later – perfect for me to make the night before rather than at 5am.
I used up some of my salad drawer that was going slightly limp rather than buying specifically for this recipe as I never really tend to plan in advance.
- 3 mixed peppers, halved with seeds removed
- Olive Oil
- 8 vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful of rocket – roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the halved peppers onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes
- Mix the tomatoes, rocket and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and spoon in the tomato mixture. Make a well in the centre and break the egg over trying not to let it spill over the sides
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until the egg yolk is as you like it. I opted for hard boiled as I would be eating them cold.